RIB Sample Policy
|Thank you for choosing Craftinsure.ie. Craftinsure Ireland Ltd provides an online insurance facility on behalf of Zurich Insurance plc. We can assist you with both policy and claims administration but most policy administration can be carried out by you online. As Craftinsure is an online insurer it is intended for this policy to be viewed in electronic format. A definition applies to any word shown in bold italics. To view the definition, simply click on the word. You can also view and download the definitions at
policy is governed by the law that applies to where you reside in the
Republic of Ireland.
Relevant to the entire policy
- This policy is an agreement between you,
Mr A Sample, and us. It is based on the
information you gave to us for the Insurance of RIB, “Boat Name”, €1,234, and is in place
following payment of the premium for the period
DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY.
- This policy is non-transferable.
Click on words when viewing this policy online to see their definition.
Whilst ashore or in transit or afloat on inland and coastal waters of Ireland and the United Kingdom, and for a period not exceeding 30 days in any one period of insurance in continental Europe
Accidental Damage & Theft cover. What is covered:
will pay for physical loss or damage to “Boat Name” whilst ashore or
afloat, being lifted, hauled out or launched, or in transit by road within Ireland, the UK or Europe.
What is not covered:
- Loss or damage whilst your boat is left afloat unattended, unless on non-tidal waters or within a marina, or if at recognised sheltered mooring locations for periods exceeding 24 hours.
- Loss or damage due to wear and tear, depreciation,
gradual deterioration, or mildew.
- Mechanical, electrical and electronic breakdowns,
failures, faults or breakages, and frost damage.
- Theft of equipment unless following forcible and
violent entry, or following removal from your boat by force.
- Theft of trailer, and any items attached to it,
whilst unattended unless the trailer has been securely fastened by a
purpose manufactured wheel clamp and hitch lock.
- Theft of outboard motors whilst attached to
“Boat Name” or her tender(s)
unless securely locked by an anti-theft device which prevents retaining
bolts or clamps being undone, and unless you can supply the engine
- Loss of or damage to Personal Effects, consumable stores or moorings.
- Protective covers more than 3 years old split by the
wind or blown away.
- The cost of making good any defect in repair or
maintenance, or replacing or renewing any defective part, or making good
any fault or error in design or construction.
- Where “Boat Name” (or her tender)
is fitted with a kill cord, we will not pay for any loss or damage caused
by loss of control where a kill cord is fitted
but has not been used.
- Loss of or damage to propellers whilst in use, or
damage to jet units due to ingestion of debris.
Conditions which apply:
- We will pay the reasonable cost of repair for
loss or damage not exceeding €1,234 Reasonable replacement or repair may
not result in the appearance and condition being the same as that prior to
the claim. In the event of total loss or
constructive total loss, we will pay €1,234 or
at our option, provide a replacement boat of a similar age, size
- In the event of Constructive Total Loss, we
will be entitled to retain any salvage.
- We will not pay for unrepaired damage in the
event of a subsequent total loss.
- In the event of loss or damage to outboard motors, and only where the
serial number is supplied, We will pay the
reasonable cost or repair or reinstatement but not exceeding the market
value at the time of loss which will be calculated as the new replacement
price less a deduction of 10% per year since new, up to a maximum deduction
- In the event of insured damage to covers which are over 3 years old, we
will pay two thirds of the replacement cost.
- We will pay reasonable costs incurred,
including salvage, in preventing or minimising a loss covered by this
Liability to Others. What is covered:
- We will cover your legal
liability to compensate other people if someone dies or is injured, or
property is lost or damaged as a result of your
interest in “Boat Name” up to a
limit of €5,000,000 in respect of any one accident (which shall be deemed
to include a series of accidents occurring in connection with or arising
out of any one event) but unlimited in the aggregate.
- Liability to and of any person being towed on
waterskis, wakeboards or kneeboards by “Boat Name”
- We will also pay for law
costs incurred in settling or defending any claim providing we have given
- Subject to the policy terms and limitations, cover
extends to any person in charge of“Boat Name” with your
permission, but not to persons employed by you.
- We will pay for all
expenses properly incurred by you in connection with Official Inquiries,
and Coroner’s Inquests.
- We will pay reasonable
costs of attempted or actual raising, removal or destruction of wreck
resulting from loss or damage covered by this insurance.
What is not covered:
will not pay for any liability claims arising from:
- Liabilities to third parties whilst Boat Name is in transit by road (which should be covered by the vehicle insurance).
- Accidents or illness to any persons employed byyou in connection with
- Contractual liability
- Costs of defending any criminal prosecution, or the
payment of any fines or penalties.
Exclusions which apply to the whole policy
- The first €200 of any claim,
doubled in respect of underwater gear , and any
claim whilst the boat is left afloat.
We will not pay any claims arising from:
- Hire, charter, or any other commercial activity.
- Racing or speed trials
- War, invasion, civil war, conflict or commotion, or
- Capture, seizure, restraint or detainment.
- Ionising radiation, radioactivity, nuclear fuel,
nuclear waste or nuclear equipment.
- Any chemical, biological, bio-chemical or
- Malicious computer codes, or from the failure of a
computer chip or computer software
- Wilful misconduct or acts of recklessness by
you, or those to whom this policy extends,
including but not limited to when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Pollution or contamination unless directly caused by
a sudden, identifiable, unintended and unexpected incident occurring
entirely at a specific time and place during the period of insurance.
We shall not provide coverage to you or any other
party to the extent that such cover would violate any applicable trade or
economic sanctions law or regulation.
You have agreed:
- “Boat Name” is a professionally
built rigid inflatable boat.
- The maximum design speed of the boat will not exceed
40 - 45 kts (max 50mph).
- “Boat Name” is not more than 25 years old at the start of
- When “Boat Name” is in use, there will be an experienced
person aged 20 years or over on board and in charge.
- “Boat Name” is based in Ireland.
- “Boat Name” will be maintained
in a proper state of repair and seaworthiness,
and in the case of trailers, roadworthiness, and will exercise due care and
diligence in safeguarding your boat and property.
Information you should provide
- It is important that you
check the information shown in your policy documentation, as your cover is
based on the information you have given us during
the application process or subsequently, as confirmed in your most recent
documents. Although We may undertake checks to
verify your details, you must take reasonable
care to ensure all the information provided by you or on your behalf is, to the best of your
knowledge and belief, accurate and complete.
must tell us immediately if at any time any of the information is incorrect
or changes. If we have wrong information, this
may result in an increased premium and /or claims not being paid in full,
or your insurance may not be valid and claims not paid. If in doubt about
any information, please contact us as soon as possible.
Changes in information we need to be informed of
include, but are not limited to, the following examples and apply equally
to all persons covered under the policy:
- Accidents or theft involving a boat, whether or not
resulting in a claim
- Convictions or pending prosecutions for any criminal
- Make or model of boat, modifications or use of the
boat, or where the boat is moored
- Any health matters affecting ability to operate the
Your insurance may not be valid until we have
agreed to accept your changes and we will be
entitled to vary the premium and terms for the rest of the period of
should keep a record of all information supplied to us in connection with
- You can cancel this
insurance at any time at www.craftinsure.ie by accessing
your Existing Customer pages of the website, or
by emailing us.
- If you have made a claim
during the current period of insurance and cancel the policy, there will be
no refund of premium. Please refer to the Terms & Conditions on
- You can cancel cover during the first 14 day "cooling off" period, if you haven't made a claim.
In accordance with the Terms & Conditions agreed when purchasing or
renewing your policy, We will until further notice charge the credit or
debit card registered with us when payments become due. Renewal terms will
be emailed to you 30 days prior to the renewal date. We may vary the terms of the policy (including
the premium) at renewal. On the renewal date, we will automatically apply
for payment of the premium due. If you do not
want to renew the policy, provided you tell us or
cancel your policy online before the renewal date, we will not renew it.
Accidents and Claims:
Click on the heading "Claims" on our website and complete the online claim form.
- You must tell us immediately about any
accidents, claims or legal proceedings in connection with this policy by
e-mail to email@example.com or by phoning 0345 2607 999.
- You will give us full information of the
circumstances of the incident and of all claims made, with names and
addresses of claimants and witnesses of the accident, as soon as possible.
- We can decide where repairs shall be carried
out and may require a number of quotations.
- No liability shall be admitted, nor any offer, promise or payment made
by you, nor legal expenses incurred without our
consent. We shall be entitled to take over, and
conduct in your name, the defence of any action.
- You must send all claims, letters, summonses
or writs relating to any accident to us immediately. We will decide how to settle or defend a claim,
and may bring or defend proceedings in the name of any person covered by
the policy, including recovery proceedings.
- In the event of any claim arising which is also recoverable under any
other insurance, We shall only be liable for our
due proportion of such a claim.
- If a claim is false or fraudulent in any way, We will not make any payment and the policy will
Our Complaints Procedure
We aim to
provide a high standard of service that will leave you no cause for complaint.
However, if you feel we have not net the high standard you would expect of us,
any enquiries or complaints regarding your policy may be addressed to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Managing Director, Craftinsure
Ireland Ltd, I Connawood Green, Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow.
Alternatively please call us on +353 (0) 1 282 4633.
necessary, we will arrange for your complaint to be handled by Zurich Insurance
plc or their representative, however, if this is the case, the below process
will still apply.
wish to contact Zurich Insurance plc directly, please use the following contact
+353 0 1890 400 300
Zurich House, Ballsbridge Park, Dublin 4, Ireland
complaints can be resolved within 5 days of receipt
If we can
resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within the first 5 business days of
receipt, we will do so. Otherwise, we will keep you updated with progress and
will provide you with our decision as quickly as possible (and in any case
within 40 business days). Next steps if you are still unhappy
receiving our final response or if we have been unable to conclude our
investigation within 40 business days, you may be able to refer your complaint
to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO)
let you know if we believe the Ombudsman service can consider your complaint
when we provide you with our decision.
service they provide is free and impartial. We will provide full details of how
to do this in our final response or holding letter.
can be contacted as follows:
writing: Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman, 3rd Floor, Lincoln House,
Lincoln Place, Dublin 2, D02 VH29 Telephone: 1890 88 20 90 or 00353 1 567 7000
this complaint procedure does not affect your rights to take legal action.
information about the Ombudsman and the type of complaints they can review is
available via their website https://www.fspo.ie/
Ireland Ltd provides an online insurance facility on behalf of underwriters,
Zurich Insurance plc. We can assist you with both policy and claims
administration of your policy can be carried out on line at www.craftinsure.ie
where you can: Within the Existing Customer pages, change your details, the
boat details or payment method. Within the Claims pages, submit a new claim or
track the progress of an existing claim
email us at email@example.com or if required use the TELEPHONE
HELPLINE +353 (0) 1 282 4633 to advise us about any changes required to your
policy and general administration matters.
or discuss a claim you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the
TELEPHONE HELPLINE number above.
product is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Plc (a non-life insurance